If you need to be hit over the head one more time with statistics on the insanely high obesity rate in our country or told just how much stinking money it will cost you to be unhealthy over your lifetime, then turn on the news. If you need to be reminded of just how important it is to maintain a healthy lifestyle look around you. There news is flooded with stories.
We know the consequences of being out of shape. We know being unhealthy will lead to illness, injury and emotional upheaval.
We know that being unhealthy will take years off our lives.
If we know all of this…Why don’t we do something about it? Why don’t we just lose the weight? Why don’t we just start eating healthy? Why don’t we just start exercising?
Another question is: Why can’t we stick to our diets or our New Year’s resolutions?
The answer to that burning is question is this – Because we start them with the mindset that they are temporary.
How often do you start a diet and say to yourself, “For the rest of my life I’m going to eat this way.” How often do you start an exercise program and say to yourself, “For the rest of my life I’m going to go to the gym 5 days a week.”
Diets don’t work. Change of lifestyles do.
What if the company you work at changed it’s mission statement a month after making it. Or only saw 2 weeks in front of them? Or stopped making goals all together? Disaster, right? They would be closing the doors like a lot of companies are right now.
When I bought my first business a great mentor of mine told me to write down the following 5 success principles and stick to them. They will make or break a business.
1. Create a Mission/Vision statement
2. Set goals that get you to your vision statement
3. Create operating procedures and systems
4. Seek Wise Counsel
5. Surround yourself with other success-minded people
These same success principles apply to your Health and Fitness!
1. Create your long term vision of yourself. (What do
you look like? How do you feel?)
2. Set small goals to get you to your ultimate vision. Set daily, weekly and monthly goals. For example: daily – only eat 2,000 calories. Weekly – exercise 5 days/wk. Monthly – lose 2 pounds/mo.
3. Operating Procedures. This is the system that will get you to your ultimate vision. These procedures will become your new healthy habits. For example you walk over your lunch break. You go to the gym directly from work.
4. Seek Wise Counsel. This can be a personal trainer, a nutritionist, a book, a magazine. Anything or anyone that can teach you nutrition, fitness and health
5. Surround yourself with success-minded people. Get in the right environment. Join a personal training studio, joing a gym, take a new class. Anything to get you around like-minded people with healthy lifestyles.
Now get out a piece of paper and start writing your business…I mean personal health and fitness plan. If you would like more tips on leading a healthy lifestyle sign up for my free daily tips at http://www.SabrinaLynn.com.