Let’s get real. Getting that Six Pack is not the easiest thing in the world. And I bet you are trying every type of abs workout. I’m going to give you 3 Mega tips here so you can start building your six pack abs faster and easier.
I struggled for ages to get any significant muscle, but over the years in my personal training business and with my own trials and errors, I have found some important things that have helped me make important muscle gains that I wan’t to share with you.
1) Ensure that 90% of what you do in the Gym is multi-joint exercise. Simple concept I know, but if you do this in your training you will find you will gain more lean mass than any other abs workout.
Focus on these exercises:
· Upper body vertical pulls (chinups etc)
· Upper body presses (ie benchpress, overhead barbells etc)
· Upper body horizontal rows (using a machine or cable rows)
· Upper body horizontal presses (push-ups and dips)
· Lower body Squats
· Lower body deadlifts
· Lower body leg movements (focus on one at a time)
· Abs and core exercises (Always do these AFTER focusing on the above)
The rest of the exercises can be single joint ones, where you can focus one at a time. (Bicep Curls, Tricep presses and so on.)
2. Train intensely around 4 days per week for 40-45 minutes per abs workout. Keep your workouts to no longer than 50 minutes as training too much beyond this point can start excess catabolism. You want to stay in the zone, but you still need to train your body hard to trigger abdominal growth.
3. Eat clean with quality whole foods. This is easy Guys and Girls. Stop buying processed stuff and supplements. They don’t work.
The quality of protein best absorbed by the body is from real whole food such as eggs, meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds instead of from processed protein powders and meal replacements. If you can go organic, its a must, as you never know what’s been sprayed on what you are eating.
Forget about the inflated workouts in the muscle magazines and online articles that only work for real bodybuilders. Forget about the over-hyped supplement market that pays the bills for almost every “build muscle” magazine. Instead, make build these tips in this article into your daily life and you’ll see muscle gains and a leaner well defined mid section.