Fruit Basket – The 5 Benefits of Fruits You Can Not Live Without
You know that old saying, an apple a day will keep the doctor away? Well that’s not entirely true, the saying should be an apple, or an orange, or a banana, or a mango, will keep the doctor away. The fact is that fruit provide our bodies with the essentials to live a healthy, happy life. Studies have shown that getting in the habit of eating a few servings of fruit each day will lead to many benefits. There are a variety of fruits out there: melons, citrus fruits, berries, and so on. With such a great variety, there is sure to be a favorite fruit for everyone. And the best part is that they are not a hassle or something you need to force yourself to consume like some healthy foods. They are juicy and full of flavor, meaning that not only will your body thank you, but your taste buds will as well. Here are 5 overall benefits you will receive by including fruit in your diet.
1. Protection from disease and illnesses. Fruits are packed full of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, C, and E. These vitamins are needed by your body to fight off disease that can do havoc to your body. Fruits are also full of antioxidants, which will protect your body from bacteria so you can live a healthy life.
2. Increased energy. Fruits, since they are packed full of those vitamins and minerals, provide you with long lasting energy that energy drinks and caffeine can’t hope to match. You’ll notice an increase bounce in your step throughout the day, with no sugar crash awaiting you.
3. Improved Digestion. Fiber is a vital element in removing waste from your body. Don’t get enough fiber and you’re sure to have digestion issues. That’s why it’s important to consume fruits, packed with fiber.
4. Fight off cancer and Alzheimer’s. It’s true, fruit have proven to be a source of fighting off cancer. Full of what is called Phytonutrints, these are powerful antioxidants that protect your body from dead blood cells, which lead to tumors, which lead to cancer. Alzheimer’s is another serious disease taking control of the lives of many people, especially seniors. The good news is that fruit has been proven to fight Alzheimer’s. Chances of developing this disease are greatly diminished when consuming fruit on a constant basis.
5. Overall improvements in bodily functions. This is again that whole vitamin and mineral thing. Fruits have the effect of protecting your bodily functions and keeping them strong. Poor eyesight, damaged teeth, and bad skin can all be avoiding by consuming these vitamin packed fruits.