This 6 ingredient strawberry banana milkshake is a pantry staple for all strawberry ice cream lovers. It’s packed with bright strawberry flavor and made with ingredients you can find in your fridge and freezer. Try this Strawberry Banana PB Smoothie too.
How will this shake make your life easier?
If you’re like me and have worked to stock your pantry with easy to use ingredients, you’ll likely have all the ingredients to make this easy strawberry banana milkshake. It’s an easy and flavorful summer treat that’s ready to enjoy in just 5 minutes.
Here are a couple other easy milkshake recipes:
What makes this strawberry banana shake so good?
How do I make this banana and strawberry shake?
Start making your strawberry banana milkshake by adding vanilla ice cream, banana, strawberries, milk, lemon juice, and salt to a high powered blender. Add additional ingredients if you’d like.
Select the milkshake setting, or smoothie setting, or just high speed. Blend until smooth. You may need to add more milk to your shake.
Pour into glass, top with toppings and enjoy your strawberry banana milkshake immediately.
- You can substitute the frozen fruit for fresh fruit in your strawberry banana milkshake, but frozen fruit makes it extra cold and creamy.
- Other great add-ins: chocolate chips/chocolate bar, peanut butter or PB powder, chocolate sauce.
- Topping ideas: whipped cream, strawberry slices, chocolate sauce, crushed chocolate cookies, crushed nuts.
There are a couple ways to make this shake without ice cream. One option is to substitute the ice cream for about 2 additional frozen bananas. Blended bananas are really smooth and will give you a nice shake consistency.
Another option, is to substitute the ice cream for Greek yogurt. This will give you a smoothie instead of milkshake, but it’ll be good too. Try this Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie recipe.
A milkshake is a fun treat for people, but a milkshake like this one with protein and fruit could substitute for a satisfying meal. Instead of focusing on whether or not a food is healthy, as a dietitian, I recommend eating a variety of foods for nutrition.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
Did you make this strawberry banana milkshake? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Strawberry Banana Milkshake
This 6 ingredient strawberry banana milkshake is a pantry staple for all strawberry ice cream lovers. It’s packed with bright strawberry flavor and made with ingredients you can find in your fridge and freezer.
High powered blender
Measuring cups, spoons
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup frozen strawberries heaping
- ¼ whole frozen banana
- ¾ cup milk or more for a thinner milkshake
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice to preference
- pinch salt
Add ½ cup vanilla ice cream, ½ cup frozen strawberries, ¼ frozen banana, milk, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, and a pinch of salt to high speed blender.
Blend on milkshake or high power until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
Pour into glass, enjoy immediately.
- You can substitute frozen fruit for fresh fruit, but frozen fruit makes your milkshake extra cold and creamy.
- The lemon juice brings out the strawberry flavor, you may need to add less if you freeze freshly picked strawberries or more if your frozen strawberries don’t have much flavor.
- Don’t skip the salt, especially if you’re using grocery store frozen berries, the salt will bring out the strawberry flavor.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.