What You Should Know About The Amazon Yellow Parrot
Introduction to Amazon yellow parrot:
The Amazon yellow parrots are also known as yellow-headed Amazon parrots and double yellow-headed Amazon. They are endangered birds in Mexico and northern Central America. They are 15 to 17 inches long. It is a short square-tailed green parrot with yellow head. They have dark scallops on the neck and red on the wings and yellow thighs. They have flight feathers, which are black to blue violet with a red patch on the secondary. The base is of red color is hidden. They prefer to live in mangrove forests near rivers and other bodies of water. They are considered the subspecies of Yellow-crowned Amazon parrots. They are excellent pets and talkers.
These birds give low-pitched human sounding screams but often fly silently like other parrots. Young birds make clucking sound when they are hungry. These are widely available and they can be highly desirable pets. Their vocal abilities are matched by similar species such as Yellow-napped parrots. However, these birds are more aggressive.
The lifespan of a parrot is normally about fifty to sixty years. The pet store owner becomes happy while listening to the birds singing and talking with them.. The parrot’s diet consists of fruits, vegetables, seeds and parrot pellets. They fly in flocks. They love to sound their distinctive call. The danger for them is because they are hunted so these species are endangered. Their numbers are reducing day by day.
Know about the Amazon yellow parrots:
They have a headstrong personality and are highly intelligence so they are a great challenge for their owners. The owner should provide them with an environment full of love and understanding. A stimulating environment includes a nutritious diet and good hygiene. With this the owner will have, a balanced bird and then it can be a good pet for the family.
If the owner wants to have a healthy parrot then the owner should go the parrot breeder. It depends on the owner which type of parrot he wants to own. Finding a good parrot breeder is the primary task of the owner. Only a reputable parrot breeder can provide the fundamentals for a well-balanced bird.
The yellow headed Amazon parrots are known for their playful behavior and talking ability. They are known as the best talkers in the parrot kingdom. They are very affectionate and handsome birds, which make them excellent pets. They can be easily trained and tamed because of their playful and active behavior so that they can be suited any environment, which allows them to fly and move around. The owner should give them daily exercise of flight so that they can easily fly. They can adjust to indoor cages. They are also known as loudest of all Amazon parrots. Therefore, the people who want noise should not own these parrots. They can be destructive and they will customize their own environment.
· Yellow-headed Amazon parrots are very smart, intelligent and active birds and they can live the life up to 80 years.
· Parrots require a healthy and nutritious diet to live a better life.
· Yellow-headed amazons have four toes. Two toes are points forward and the other two point backwards which enables them to hold things and crack the shells of nuts.
· Yellow-headed Amazon parrots learn vocabulary from two years old and begin to talk as early as possible.
· They can form their own phrases and add connotations to their sentences due to their intelligence. They pick up the words from their own surroundings and start to learn.
· They are a social bird.
· Yellow-headed Amazon parrots are very energetic birds so that they can climb for many hours and are able to sing and talk for several hours.
· They like to eat anything and they love to receive attention from their owners as a small child does.
· They fly around the room and they like to crown around.
· They need at least 10 hours of sleep at night because of the energy they use.